Monday, July 12, 2010

Little Princess

On Friday afternoon when we were getting ready to go out to eat with my parents, Jenny asked me if she could wear makeup like me. She asks me this almost everytime she sees me put on makeup, and usually I say no. This time was a little different though because I told her she could.

Now, to me letting her wear makeup wouldn't be a very big deal, but I don't want her to one day think she needs to depend on makeup to make her pretty. I want her to see her natural beauty the way that I do, because she is very beautiful. I don't want her to grow up thinking that she'll only be pretty IF she wears makeup, or that she's already pretty but IF she had makeup she'd be prettier. I do believe in letting her have a little fun though, and so makeup every now and then isn't going to hurt her.

Anyway, here is the picture of her with makeup....


Afterwards she looked at herself in the mirror, and said that she looked like a princess. I'd have to say that I agree with her. To me, she looks just like a little princess....or maybe a future Miss America?? Ha! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails