Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dress Shopping

This Saturday is the annual Me & My Guy Dance in Girl Scouts. It is something that they have done for years and years, because when I was in the Girl Scouts (which was at least 15 years ago), they were doing the dance then, too. Although at that time, it was the Father & Daughter Dance, but since times have changed, it is now known as The Me & My Guy Dance.

Jenny is very excited about the dance, and Jaime is too. I think it will be a great opportunity for the two of them to spend some time together! Plus, it will be a lot of fun for Jenny and Jaime, too.

Yesterday, Jaime, Aiden, Jenny, and I all went shopping for a dress for her to wear for the dance. We picked out a few different ones, and then headed to the dressing rooms. Jenny chose her the ones she liked best, and I chose a few that I liked best. Once we got to the dressing rooms, and looked at the price tags on a few of them, we put several of them back without even trying them on. Haha. They were pretty, but also were over $100, and I don't see the point in spending so much for a dress she'll wear once. Lucky for us, a few that we picked were on clearance and were $100 dresses on sale for $20!


This was the first dress Jenny tried on, and it was also her favorite choice (before trying on any of the others). The picture has really bad quality since I took it with my phone, but the dress is actually a nice shade of purple with black polka-dots.



This is the second dress she tried on, which was also my favorite. It is a brighter teal color than this picture shows, and would look better if she weren't leaning against the wall in this picture. :)




We had a pretty hard time finding a dress that would be warm. We shopped at Macy's and they already had a lot of Spring dresses out, and there wasn't a lot of Winter stuff left. Plus, most of the Winter dresses looked too much like Christmas dresses. We bought her a sweater to go over the dress we ended up buying. She and I are going shoe shopping tomorrow, and the dance is Saturday night.

You'll have to check back here for the Me & My Guy Dance post to see which dress she wears! I hope you're all having a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Katie! Thanks for joining us on Boost My Blog Friday! We are so happy to have you on board with us and we're looking forward to be seeing you by soon:) Oh and we love both dresses. They're both so cute.. the first one looks more like a ball dance dress while the other one has more of the salsa dress vibe.. but they're both so adorable! Great job choosing them! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Blog! I’m a new follower Happy Friday!! I would love for you to stop and take a look at my blog as well! Thanks!
    http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the teal one is adorable. hope she has fun at the dance!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the purple and black polka dot one! Following from Boost my blog hop.
    michelle
    http://www.heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww what pretty girls in pretty dresses!

    I just found your blog through the Boost My Blog Friday Hop. Have a great weekend!

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Blog! I’m a new follower Happy Friday!! I would love for you to stop and take a look at my blog as well! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails