Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Packing, Packing, and More Packing

As a lot of you probably already know, we are moving out of our 4 bedroom house into a 3 bedroom apartment. Normally, I wouldn't mind having to move so much. Normally, I would be almost excited to pack up our stuff and move into a new, clean place. Normally, Jaime and I would share the packing responsibilities and then he and our roommate, David would share most of the actual 'moving' responsibilities (with a little help from me). Normally, I would then unpack everything and put it all in it's place (Jaime would help me if I'd let him, but then I'd just have to redo everything he did because I'm obsessive like that). HOWEVER, there is NOTHING NORMAL about this move!! Or maybe I should say that it's not normal to us, in comparison to our other moves. In the past we just packed it all up, moved it to the new house, unpacked, and it was done. Voila! This time is a little different.... did you see that part up there where I said we're moving from a 4 bedroom house into a 3 bedroom apartment? Let me explain....

You see, the house we live in now has 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a living room, a den, a toy room, a kitchen, and a dining room. The apartment will have a living room, small kitchen/dining room, 3 bedrooms, and 2.5 bathrooms. Aiden and Jenny will have to start sharing a room. We are going to be losing our toy room, den, and space in our kitchen. Not to mention that every room in the apartment is smaller than the rooms in this house now. I'm not really sure how I'm going to make this all work out and fit into such a smaller space. We've already sold our couch and loveseat from the den, and I am going to sell a few other things as well. I just keep telling myself, "It will work, I know it will, it has to work."

Did I also mention that we are moving in less than 2 weeks? Yea, so that means I have about 12 days to get this entire house sorted and packed. I have to sort through everything and decide what to sell, what to keep, what to throw away, what to donate, what to store, etc. THEN, I have to pack it all up and take it to where ever we decide it's going.

I started packing on Monday. I started with about 15 empty boxes and as of yesterday I had already filled them all up. I have someone bringing me more boxes today, and hopefully I'll have all of them used up by tomorrow afternoon.
You'll find stacks of boxes like these all over my house right now.


Most of the boxes are filled to the top like this one.


My two biggest challenges when sorting and packing is trying to decide what to save or what to get rid of, and keeping myself from getting distracted. When we've moved before I didn't have a busy toddler running around that I had to chase after. Plus, how can you not resist stopping to play with someone so cute??

Just look at that cute face!

Another problem of mine: I have a hard time getting rid of Aiden's baby stuff!!

I'm sure this will be the first of many posts about our move. I'll keep y'all updated....plus writing a blog post is a good excuse to keep me from packing. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails