Saturday, July 3, 2010

19 Months Old!

*This post is a few days late. Aiden actually turned 19 months old on June 29th.

Dear Aiden,

You are now 19 months old. Every month when I write on this blog about you being another month older, I can't ever believe how quickly you're growing up. When I was pregnant, everyone used to always tell me that time goes by so much faster after you have a kid. Let me just say that they were SO right! These last 19 months with you have been the fastest 19 months of my life! You have changed my life in so many countless ways, but I wouldn't change a minute of it for the world. Your Daddy and I love you very much, and we will continue loving you every minute of everyday forever.  "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be."

-Daddy & Mama


    What's Aiden Up To?


  • You weigh about 25 lbs.
  • You are wearing a size 5 diaper
  • You wear 2T shirts and 18 month pants/shorts
  • You are now sleeping in a big boy bed, no more crib for you!
  • We've started introducing you to the potty
  • Your favorite TV shows are still Sesame Street and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
  • You've recently started to LOVE watermelon and blueberries
  • You have 16 teeth
  • You still drink lactose-free whole milk
  • You love swimming ("agua") and being outside
  • Your favorite toys right now are blocks, and cars
  • You like to color
  • I think you will be left handed


What Can Aiden Say?

This is a list of all the words Aiden can currently say. I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones he says most often.


  • Motorcycle
  • Bike
  • Ambulence
  • Hola
  • Grandpa
  • Happy Birthday
  • Swimming
  • Watermelon
  • Agua
  • Adios
  • Chicken
  • Hamburger
  • Pickle
  • Ice Cream
  • Fish
  • Baseball
  • I Love You
  • Please
  • Thank You
  • Drink
  • Hair
  • Nose
  • Feet
  • Belly
  • Chip
  • Shoes
  • Roll It (from patty-cake)
  • Aiden
  • Eyes
  • Blue
  • Mama
  • Daddy
  • Grandma
  • Billy
  • Haylie
  • Andrew
  • Vickie
  • Paul
  • Puppy
  • Work
  • Buddy
  • Elmo
  • Hot Dog
  • Ant
  • Ears
  • I Want It/I Want _____
  • I Don't Want It/I Don't Want To
  • Light
  • Night-Night
  • Milk
  • Juice
  • Pop-Tart
  • Cereal
  • Oatmeal
  • Book
  • Keys
  • Kiss/Beso
  • Hug
  • Candy
  • Play
  • Pray
  • Amen
  • Hello/Hi
  • Bye-Bye
  • Cheese

  • Cup
  • No! No! No!
  • I'm Done
  • All Gone
  • Down/Up
  • Taco
  • Pillow
  • Blanket
  • Cookie
  • Flower
  • Hair Cut
  • Balloon
  • Hot/Cold
  • Potty
  • Pee-Pee/Booty
  • Poo-Poo
  • Boo-Boo
  • Ouch
  • Toes
  • Circle
  • Go
  • Dance


What Can Aiden Do?


  • He can point to all of his body parts when asked.
  • He can feed himself with a fork and spoon.
  • He has recently learned how to pray with us at night before he goes to bed, and before we eat a meal.
  • He loves to jump and run, and he wants everyone to watch him do everything.
  • Unfortunetly he has learned how to unbuckle the top half of his car seat.
  • He tries to sing "Itsy-Bitsy Spider" and he can do the hand motions for the song.
  • He tries to sing "Patty-Cake" and he can do the hand motions.


What Is Aiden Learning?


  • Right now we are introducing Aiden to the potty, and hoping to start potty training him soon.
  • I have been coloring a lot with Aiden, and trying to teach him his colors.
  • Aiden has a toy that helps him learn his shapes, we've been playing with it a lot in hopes of teaching him his shapes.
  • Aiden is learning to count to ten, in english and spanish.
  • We are teaching Aiden more spanish words.
  • We are trying to teach him to answer the question, "What is your name?"
  • We are trying to teach him the "ABC song".




Happy 19 Months, Aiden!!


*I have a video of Aiden that will go along with this post as soon as I can get it uploaded to YouTube, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails