Monday, July 19, 2010

Family Updates

I thought I'd do a quick post to update you all on our family. I try to always do posts with pictures, so I don't always get to do updates on little things that have no pictures. Since I'm going to use this blog as a scrapbook, I figure I should also do updates of things that I don't have pictures for.


Jaime
Jaime doesn't have a whole lot to update on. He is still working two jobs - in the mornings he works at IHOP and a night he works at a Mexican Taquiera called Cheeky. At IHOP he works as a cook, and at Cheeky he cooks 3 nights and washes dishes 2 nights. We are hopeful that soon he will be able to cut back on hours to spend more time at home with us.

Katie
I feel like I have so much going on and so much to update about, but really I can't think of a whole lot to say. Ha! Obviously I'm still staying home with the kids, which I love! I am constantly trying to look for new things for us to do as a family, especially since it's summer time and it seems like there is so much more to do in the summer. I have also started meal planning on a weekly basis, and so far it is working really well!

Jenny
Jenny starts Kindergarten in three weeks. We should be finding out very soon who her teacher is, and get to meet her teacher and see her classroom before school starts. She is very excited about starting Kindergarten and we are very excited for her! Of course we are a little nervous because there are a lot of changes from Pre-K to Kindergarten, but we know she'll do just great. She is always impressing and surprising us with her intelligence and how well she adapts to things.

Aiden
Aiden is constantly changing and that makes me feel like I could go on and on with updates about him. He will be 20 months old on the 29th of this month. I know I keep repeating myself, but I'm going to say it again....TIME FLIES! I am trying to take advantage of every minute of it. He loves spending time outside, and loves playing in the sprinkler. He's not real crazy about big pools, but he loves playing in small ones like our inflateable one. I think the smaller ones make him feel more secure. He's going to start swimming lessons in September, so hopefully they'll help him.

Family
As a family we have a lot going on soon. We'll be moving into an apartment on August 9th. We have had a horrible experience with this landlord, and we're just ready to get out of here. Our apartment is about a mile from where we live now, and it's a little closer to IHOP. It will have three bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms. It's a pretty decent size apartment, and I think it will work well for us. We'll also be pretty busy the next few weeks preparing Jenny for school and making sure she has all her supplies and whatever else she'll need.


I guess that's pretty much all we have going on right now. It doesn't seem like it's as much once I get it all typed out. In my head it seems like a lot more. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails