Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day 2011

Dear Jaime,

On the very first day I met you, if someone would have told me that one day you would be the father of my children I would have laughed in their face (no offense). There you were with your long hair in a pony tail, and a carefree attitude. You seemed like you would be a lot of fun - someone to go to parties with and have a great time. Even then, God had a much bigger plan for us!

The first time I saw you with Jenny, I knew you were a good Dad. Everything you did revolved around Jenny. You played with her, you taught her things, you took her places, and most importantly - you put her needs and wants ahead of your own. It was obvious that she meant the world to you, and you meant the world to her. She was a Daddy's Girl, and she had you wrapped around her little finger. I knew from that moment that one day I wanted a father like you for my future children.





On Jenny's 2nd birthday, you had a party for her. Complete with party games, lots of food, music, and a pinata. You put so much time, effort, and money into her birthday party. I remember going shopping with you for decorations and party favors. Every time you picked something up you would ask me what I thought Jenny would think. I remember staying at your house until nearly 4am decorating the house for the party and helping you put together her Dora the Explorer play kitchen. After we were done, I went home and came back a few short hours later to help put the finishing touches on the party. I remember being there when Jenny woke up that morning, and as she came down the stairs to see the party set-up and her new play kitchen. You wanted me to take pictures of her reaction to it all. Really, what I should have done, was take pictures of your reaction too. You were just as excited as she was, but not for the same reason as her. You were excited to see her so excited. I knew then that I wanted a father for my children who would put so much effort into something for his children.




The very first time Jenny fell on the playground and scraped her knee, it hurt you just as much as it hurt her. Not only because she had gotten hurt, but also because she was growing up and getting old enough to have her first scraped knee. You ran to her, and hugged her so tightly and told her that it would be okay. I knew then, that I wanted a father for my children who would kiss boo-boos and wipe away tears.





Unknown to us, God had a much bigger plan. Here we are, years later, and you are the father of my child. I am so glad! God really blessed me big time when he chose you to be Aiden's father. I couldn't have asked for a better person to share a son with.










I hope you have a wonderful Father's Day. Aiden, Jenny, and I love you "all the way to heaven and back" (as Jenny would say). We are truly, truly blessed to have you in our lives. Thank you for all that you do for us, you're amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails