Friday, July 9, 2010

SUYL: Favorite Bible Verse

This week at Kelly's Korner, bloggers are sharing their favorite Bible verses. I have been thinking about this all day, and I feel compelled to participate. The problem is, I can't just pick one favorite. I have several, and even this list will not cover them all. The wonderful thing about the Word of God is that it is living, Holy Spirit-breathed truth that is always able to speak to a seeking heart in every circumstance.

Here are some of my favorite verses thus far in my life-journey....

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love.
Honor one another above yourselves.
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Share with God's people who are in need.
Practice hospitality.
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
Live in harmony with one another.
Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.
Do not be conceited.
Do not repay anyone evil for evil.
Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
-Romans 12:9-17

Isn't this such a great verse!? That's the kind of Christian I strive to be.


Love this promise that reminds me over and over again of the new life I've been given in Jesus...
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
 - 2 Corinth. 5:17

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. 
- Ephesians 2:8-10

To me, this verse (Eph. 2:8-10) is such a relieveing one. Basically it is saying that we have been saved through our faith in God. To be saved there isn't anything we have to do except to believe and have faith. Isn't that amazing?? I am blown away just thinking about it! There aren't any special requirements other than just believeing! How great is our God?

Here are a few for when life gets though....

Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name;
You are Mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.
For I am the Lord your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
- Isaiah 43:1b-3a

Do not remember the former things,
Nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert.
- Isaiah 43:18-19

There are a lot more, of course, but these are just a few that are especially dear to me. What are some of your favorite verses?

Thanks for stopping by, Happy Friday! Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails