Wednesday, July 28, 2010

An Hour of Silence

Have I ever told you how much I love Elmo from Sesame Street?? He's pretty amazing if you ask me. He's so red, and so furry, and he KEEPS AIDEN QUIET FOR A WHOLE HOUR!!

I'm not sure what it is about Elmo that keeps Aiden so entertained, but he loves him. Every morning we watch Sesame Street and Aiden ignores most of it up until the Elmo's World segment starts. As soon as he hears the "La la la la, la la la la, Elmo's World!" he comes running into the living room and plops himself down in the floor until it's over. Unfortunetly that is only about 15 minutes or so.

However, guess what my brother (Uncle Billy) bought Aiden???.......


"The Best of Elmo 2"

The movie is about an hour long, and let me just say that Aiden sat and watched the whole thing! There is lots of music for him to dance to and Elmo is in the whole thing. It works out really well for times like now when I have a lot going on and it is helpful to have an hour where I can do whatever I need to do (right now that would be packing).



It has a few celebrities in it too: Jason Mraz, the Goo Goo Dolls, Destiny's Child, and David Beckham are a few. Aiden especially likes the part with David Beckham because he is showing how to dribble a soccer ball. When that part comes on Aiden says, "kick it!". Ha!

Here he is watching Elmo's World

He sits in front of the TV just like this (sometimes in his chair with a snack) until it's over.

Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with Aiden. It is also nice to get a little while where I don't have to chase after him or constantly worry about what he's getting into. He tends to be very sneaky and LOVES to do things he's not supposed to do or have things he's not supposed to have. So, if I can get an hour out of the day where I can get a few things done and not have to worry about those things, then I'd have to admit that I love Elmo just as much as Aiden does! (Well, maybe not quite that much....but I do think he's pretty cool!)

3 comments:

  1. What a cutie!!??!! Elmo is a good one to watch!! Those wasps looked scary though. Did you get rid of everything?
    Thanks for coming by the ole blog! I look forward to following yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a nanny, and boy do I love that hour of silence too. It is golden! Ha! Thanks for stopping by my blog and the comment! Hope ya have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! I can totally relate! Except, for us its Go! Diego, Go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails