Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mama's Monkey

Almost two years ago when Aiden was born, I gave him a nickname - Monkey. I called him that because he was born with a head full of hair, and even had hair on his back! I remember saying that day that he looked like a monkey, and from then on that became his nickname. Little did I know, that nickname would really fit his little personality later!

Just look at all that hair!

Even now, Aiden is a little monkey! I tell him that he's "mama's monkey", and he really loves when I say that. Sometimes I can ask him, "where's mama's monkey?" and he'll say, "ta-da!" or "right here!".


He's also very wild and sneaky like a monkey. Sometimes I don't know how I am able to keep up with him! He's always on the go, running and jumping around. He loves to climb on things and play outside. He really reminds me of a monkey by the way he climbs up and down the ladder on the bunk bed he shares with Jenny. He will climb all the way up (and doesn't need help), and then when he's finished he climbs back down (without help). Talk about giving me a heart attack! He scares me to death everytime he does it, but unless I keep their door locked all day to keep him out of there, I can't stop him. I've tried taking the ladder off the bed during the day, but then he just climbs up using the footboards of the beds! Even so, he'd just climb up there in the middle of the night when he should be sleeping. In fact, he climbs up there almost every night on the nights that Jenny is here. When I go into check on them before I go to bed, I usually find them both in the top bunk, sleeping. Ha! Obviously I can't take the ladder down at night. Like I said, he'd just find a way to climb up there anyway. But even if he wouldn't just find another way, Jenny needs the ladder to get up and down in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. So, I decided to make sure he knew how to go up and down the ladder (as safely as possible). Now, of course, he goes up and down the ladder several times a day. His newest thing, is going up on to the top bunk, and throwing down whatever stuffed animals, blankets, sheets, or pillows Jenny has up there. Just last week, Aiden and I were in his room playing when he started chunking stuffed frogs, bunnies, puppies, and cats down on top of my head!






Aiden thinks he is hilarious for throwing such things at me. He laughs even harder when I throw the stuffed animals back to him so that he can throw them again. Sometimes I'll get him laughing so hard that he can't even throw the stuffed animals back to me. Haha!


Silly Monkey!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails