Friday, October 8, 2010

Morning at the Park

Seeing as how Aiden and I woke up an hour late this morning, we didn't make it to MOPS. I was disappointed that we didn't get to go, but Aiden was a lot more upset than I thought he'd be. Last time we went, he was very unsure about me dropping him off in the MOPPETS program while I went to the MOPS meeting. He cried at first, but stayed there the whole time, and he wasn't crying when I came back to get him. He seemed like he enjoyed himself, but I didn't think he liked it all that much. So this morning when I told him we weren't going to MOPS and he started crying, I was very surprised! So, I did the next best thing! We woke up Jaime, and he and I took Aiden to the park. We were there for a little over an hour, and Aiden had a great time! When we first got there we were the only ones there, but it didn't take long before other families starting showing up with their little ones. It was such a nice day out, I'm surprised there weren't more people there.


Riding in this car is probably Aiden's most favorite thing to do at the park. I don't know what it is about this car, but he usually spends the first 10 or 15 minutes we're there in it, and he will go back to it over and over again. He especially likes it when his Daddy rides in it with him.



Another one of Aiden's favorite things at the park is the swings! He has a swing at his Grandma's house that he loves too. He isn't afraid of being pushed high either! In fact, he prefers it!



Pretty soon it will be time to move Aiden from the baby swings (see previous swing pic) to the big kid swings (like the one shown in this pic above). Aiden is very excited about the new possibilities this opens up for him. He took a test run on one today. Sure enough, he is almost ready! Just gotta show him how to hold onto the swing without letting go. Before I know it he won't even need me to push him on the swings anymore - he'll be pumping his little legs and swinging on his own. That will be a sad day.




I especially love the picture above. If you can't see it well, it is a picture of Aiden and Jaime talking through these tubes. They are actually pretty neat! (Jaime is kind of over in the back corner of the picture, talking into the tube on the other side).


We might now have made it to MOPS, but we still had a great day! I love days like we had today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails