Thursday, October 14, 2010

Brain Dump on a Thursday

I feel like we haven't had a whole lot going on lately, but at the same time I feel like we've been super busy. Weird. I have a lot of thoughts on my mind though, so I'm just gonna dump it all out here.


Teen Mom is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows. I just started watching this season, but I'm thinking I need to go back and watch the previous seasons. Honestly, sometimes the moms on there make me really mad, but then there are times when I am so heartbroken for them. I will say though that Amber drives me crazy and needs to grow up and learn to be a mother to her child!




Have you tried Coffee-Mate's Peppermint Mocha coffee cream? It's ah-mazing! If you haven't tried it, you definitely need to. I have heard great things about it, and just recently tried it. It will definitely be a staple for my coffee from now on! You better believe it's on tomorrow's grocery list.



Speaking of grocery lists, I really need to go grocery shopping. I have been putting it off and putting it off, but it can't be put off any longer. I made a quick trip to the store the other night to grab a few things for Jenny's snack and school and a few other things that we use on a regular basis. I'm thinking of trying meal planning again. I did it for a few weeks before, but I always end up spending more money when I meal plan than I do if I just "wing it".

Did I tell you how well Jenny is doing in school?? This kid is SO smart! Sometimes I can't believe how smart she is! She is only 5 years old and is already having weekly spelling tests....and she does really well on them! In fact, she recently had her 9-week review over her spelling words she's had for the past 9 weeks. Out of 43 words, she got 41 correct!! I'm pretty sure I've already mentioned this before, and I've probably mentioned it more than once, but I just can't get over how smart she is!

Can I tell you how much I love MOPS? For those of you who don't know, MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. It is a group for mothers with children from pregnancy/birth to kindergarten. We are a group of mothers who come together to love, support, and encourage each other as we follow our call of motherhood. I have MOPS on the first and third Thursdays of the month. Those Thursdays are quickly becoming some of my favorite days. Aiden really loves being in the MOPPETS program too. When I ask him if he wants to go to MOPS, he says, "Yes! I love it MOPS!" Ha!



Today the kids and I are going to be painting pumpkins! The other day at the pumpkin patch we let them each pick out a small pumpkin to take home and decorate. So, later this afternoon we are going to paint them. Jenny is really excited about it. Aiden doesn't know yet that we're going to be decorating them, but I know he'll love it too - once he gets over how messy his hands will probably get. Ha!



Another thing Jenny and I are looking forward to is making pumpkin cookies! We might even make pumpkin muffins this weekend for breakfast too! Lately we have really been trying to enjoy this Fall season, and I hope we will continue to find more and more ways to do that! I love doing anything fun with the kids and then turning it into a tradition with them.



I am really looking forward to the Alabama game this weekend. Last weekend's game was a total disappointment, but I'm not gonna give up on them! =) This weekend they are playing Ole Miss, and I can't wait to watch them win....I hope!



Well, I guess that's all I have in my thoughts right now. Plus, it's time to wake up Jenny to get her ready for school and on the bus. I hope you're all having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails