Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Potty Training Newsflash!

Just so I will remember this years from now, and to give any of you who are interested an update, I wanted to quickly post about how potty training is going.

We started potty training on April 1st. At first, I started out strong. Aiden wore underwear all day, I took him potty every hour, and diapers were only used at night. After about a week of that, I didn't feel like Aiden was making any progress. Have I ever told y'all that I'm a very impatient person? I wanted Aiden potty trained ASAP, and so after a week with no progress, I slacked off. Aiden wore underwear sometimes, but once he started having accidents, I'd put him back in a diaper.

Fast forward to about a week ago....

I decided to start being more consistent, and to try and be more patient. After all, this is a huge change for Aiden. What seems so simple to me, is a very difficult task for Aiden. So for the past week, I have tried to keep Aiden in underwear as often as possible. I have even taken him to the park in his underwear and let him take naps in it a few times.

Fast forward to today....

Today was what I like to call a "potty training success"! Aiden had 0 accidents in his underwear today!! None! Not one! Zero! Woohoo! Not only that, but TWICE today he said, "I need to go big boy potty". That was the first time he has ever told me he had to go, BEFORE he peed all over himself.

We are definitely making progress! Of course he is still in the beginning stages, and he still has a long way to go, but at least he is making progress!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails