Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Movies

A few nights ago Jaime and I had the opportunity (thanks to my mom for babysitting) to go out to dinner and to see a movie. Usually we take turns picking the movie, but it had been so long since we went to the movies, neither of us could remember who's turn it was to pick. Since I picked where we ate dinner at (Mellow Mushroom), Jaime got to choose the movie. He chose Thor. I was really thinking I would hate dislike it, but I actually really liked it. Action movies usually aren't my thing, but this one has a love story in it and a good storyline.




I love getting to the theatre a little early so that I can watch the previews for the upcoming movies. I usually always find something I want to see. This time of year is a good time to be watching previews too, because there are always lots of good movies that come out in the summertime. I thought I would share with you a few that I am looking forward to watching....

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides


 

These movies are always good. Plus, who doesn't want to see Johnny Depp dressed as a pirate?? I'm a little sad that Orlando Bloom won't be in this movie, but I'm excited to see how Penelope Cruz does in her role as Angelica, a woman from Captain Jack Sparrow's past. This movie comes out May 20.

The Hangover Part II



If this movie is anything like the first one, it is sure to be wild, crazy, and hilarious! I can't wait to see it. The Hangover II comes out May 26.

Kung Fu Panda 2




Kung Fu Panda is one of Aiden's favorite movies. He gets excited everytime he sees the previews on TV for this movie. The first Kung Fu Panda was also the first movie that we took Jenny to see in theatres. While Aiden has already been to the theatre to see Megamind and Yogi Bear, this will still be one of his first movies to see in theatres. This movie comes out on May 26.

Also, how could anyone not want to see a movie with a panda in it? :)

The Green Lantern



While this is probably not a movie that I would want to see, I am sure Jaime will want to see it. The Green Lantern comes out June 17.


Mr. Popper's Penguins



This is another movie that I will probably take Jenny and Aiden to see. It is based on a 1938 children's book, and is said to have a modern feel to it. I have never read the book, but with Jim Carrey in it, I'm sure it will be funny. It comes out June 17.


Cars 2

Besides Toy Story, I would said that Cars is Aiden's favorite movie. Jenny likes it too. I have been waiting for this movie to come out since sometime last Fall. I can't wait to see Aiden's reaction to this movie on the Big Screen! Cars 2 comes out June 24.


Captain America: The First Avenger


This is another movie that Jaime will want to go see. As you can tell, he is very into action movies and/or movies about comic book characters. This movie comes out July 22.


The Smurfs



The Smurfs was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid, so I can't wait to see how this movie is. It is going to be shown in 3D which I am looking forward to as well. Although, I probably won't take the kids to see it in 3D (because the 3D glasses don't fit on their faces very well). The Smurfs comes out July 29.


Cowboys vs. Aliens


Once again, this is not a movie I would normally choose for myself, but it is one Jaime will want to see. It has Harrison Ford in it, so it should be pretty good. It comes out July 29.

Unless otherwise noted, all pictures are from Movie Insider.


There are lots of good movies coming out this year! There are many more that are coming out that I'd like to see, but this is a list of the ones that I will definitely probably see. What movies do you want to see this summer?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails