Monday, November 22, 2010

A Busy Week

For the last week, I have been balancing on the line of too busy and slightly bored. I have SO much to do before Aiden's birthday party which is less than a week away! When did preparing for a two year old's birthday party become so difficult? If planning a two year old party is this hard, I don't wanna plan them for him when he's older! I can't even begin to imagine a sweet 16 party or even an 18 or 21st! Of course by then he won't want anything to do with me, so I surely won't be on his party planning commitee. Which means, I have to make each little moment count, even when they are so frustrating I could pull my hair out!

By the way, have I mentioned how much I hate the terrible two's?? In the past month Aiden has changed from a baby into a little boy. It makes me sad, and happy all at the same time. I am sad that he isn't my little baby anymore, but happy and excited about all the new fun things he can do. I will say though that a lot of attitude, free will, temper tantrums, and complete breakdowns have also been on our daily schedule lately. I don't like them, but whenever I start complaining, I always try to think of the women out there who so desperately want to be a mother, or the women out there who have babies with cancer or some other terminal disease. There are women out there who would LOVE to deal with a two year old temper tantrum, and that makes me want to reconsider what I take for granted so often.

Can you believe Thanksgiving is this Thursday?!? I am in shock. I still can't believe Jenny is in Kindergarten, let alone it's almost Thanksgiving! What are y'all doing for Thanksgiving? This year we are eating dinner at my parents house. Jenny is out of school all week so we have a lot I am hoping to be able to do with her. This is my most favorite time of year, and I love all the things that I can involve the kids in. I'm already thinking of ideas for homemade ornaments, Christmas cookies, and all kinds of other things.

We put our Christmas tree up tonight. With the busy week I have ahead I figured there was really no other time I'd be free to sit and do it. Between Jaime's busy work schedule and Jenny only being here every other week, it's hard to find time to do anything as a complete family. I haven't taken any pictures of it yet, but I'll post some when I do. 90% of our ornaments are from the Dollar Tree. Since we have two young kids living here, I don't want to spend a lot on ornaments that will just get broken. A lot of the ones from Dollar Tree are plastic anyway, so they don't break as easily. That's a HUGE plus when you have a two year old! I went to Dollar Tree today to pick up a few more things and I came home with the cutest little ceramic houses and buildings! They aren't as nice as I'd like, but hey, they were only a dollar! I'll post pictures of it too, but it's not quite done. I am also thinking of updating our stockings this year. I bought the stockings at Big Lots a few years back and I put the names on them myself with some glitter and glue. I did an ok job, but now the glitter is starting to wear off and they are starting to look pretty rough. I'm thinking we need some monnogrammed ones!

Well, I think that's about all we've been up to lately. Girl Scouts tomorrow, dentist for me Tuesday, the party decorations should be here Wednesday, Thursday is Thanksgiving, Friday I have to clean my mom's house and get ready for the party, Saturday is my great Uncle's 80th birthday party, and Sunday is Aiden's party. As you can see, I have a very busy week ahead. I love being busy, but I don't like it all at the same time. It can be a lot of fun, but it can also be very stressful.

I hope you all have a great week, and if I don't post again this week, Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails