Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 Reading List

I have finally put together a list of books I plan to read in 2011. I set a goal of 12 books in 2011, but I have already finished the first one and we're only on the 4th day of the year. Haha. I'm sure I won't finish all of them so quickly, but my January book was really good!

The books listed below are all books that I have heard about from other people, and are books that I heard good things about. I have a bad habit of buying a book, and never reading it. So, I will probably go to the library or borrow most of these books.

I also have a list of extra books for 2011. These are books that I would also like to read, and if I finish my 12 main books early, I can read some of the extras. I'm sure that as the year goes on, and I hear about more books, my extras list will probably change and get bigger. I am really looking forward to this year of reading!

January - Look Again by Lisa Scottoline



February - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling



March - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K Rowling



April - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  by J.K. Rowling



May - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling



June - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling



July - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling



August - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling



September - Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen



October - Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah



November - Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins



December - Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins



Extra Books - Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore, The Help by Kathryn Stockett, Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall, The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin, and Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp.


There are a lot more I'd like to read, and if I have time I will. For now though, this is my list. I'm trying not to set a goal too high so that I don't stress over not reaching it or being behind on it. I am also trying to watch less TV and spend less time on the computer - reading helps me with that. I don't have a lot of time to do any of those things with a busy toddler running around the house, but I try to make time. I can usually squeeze in a few chapters of a book during nap time (if I don't nap too), and then more reading before I go to bed.

Jenny really loves reading, and I hope that Aiden will love it too when he's older. I try reading to him now, but he's usually too busy to be read to. Jenny would let me read to her all day though. She is my little book worm, and Aiden is my busy body. Haha!

Here's to happy reading in 2011!

5 comments:

  1. I am doing this ‘Boost my blog Friday′ that I saw over at Design It Chics blog and I am now following you! This is such a cool idea isn’t it?! Love your blog by the way - I might have to look up some of those book choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is Nicole from Colies Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I really like your blog, and am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I am your newest follower from the blog hop! LOvely blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies. I will check out your blogs! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.RealDadReviews.com
    Following your blog!
    Please follow back!
    If you could follow me on Facebook, that would be great!
    http://www.facebook.com/RealDadReviews
    Thanks
    The Dad!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails