Thursday, April 4, 2013

One Year

Dear Sophia,

It is hard to believe a whole year has passed since you came into our lives. I don't even know where to begin to tell you just how wonderful this past year has been. I just hope your Daddy and I can show you how much we love you everyday. You have made our world so much better, Sweet Girl!


You are getting closer and closer to walking every day. You have stood on your own and even taken a step or two, but then you sit right back down. I am not rushing you to walk at all. I know you will do it in your own time, when you are ready. For now, I am enjoying getting to carry you everywhere with us. I know once you start to walk, you won't want to be held as much. You are an expert crawler and cruiser. So, for now, you get where you want to go on your own, and it doesn't bother you that you aren't walking.


I don't know what your height is yet, your one year check up is next week. You went to the doctor yesterday because you are sick, and your weight was 17lbs 14oz. You are usually in the 25 percentile in weight, so I imagine that is where you are at. Developmentally, you are right on track and I just praise God for your good health!


You make lots of noise all the time, and you know a few words. You can say, "dada", "mama", "Aiden", "Jenny", "uh-oh", "baby", and you recently started saying "Grandpa" too. Your brother and sister are quick to give you whatever you need/want, so there really isn't much reason for you to talk just yet. I have to remind them to be more patient, and wait to see if you can say the word for whatever it is you want at the time.






You are really good at giving us kisses when we ask for them. You are such a sweetheart! Sometimes you will come up to me and just lay your head in my lap. It is the sweetest thing! You are such a love bug! You have also started trying to blow kisses at us. You have been waving bye-bye for several months, but sometimes you are so funny about it. A few days ago you crawled over to your car seat, climbed in, and then waved bye-bye at me. Silly girl! You also love to put your hands over your face and then I will say, "where's Sophie?" and you will uncover your face and I'll say, "there she is!". After you uncover your face you will also try to say "there she is!". It is precious!


You love to dance! Every time you hear music playing, whether it is on the TV, the car radio, our phones when they ring, or even if someone is singing, you bob your little head and shake your hips. If you are standing up, you will move your whole body up and down along with the music. It is the cutest thing! You also love when we sing to you. Your favorite songs I sing are: Jesus Loves Me, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Mary had a Little Lamb, and The Itsy Bitsy Spider (you are learning the hand movements to this song). Sometimes you even try to sing along.



You also love books! I usually read to you every night before bed, and sometimes during the day. You like to look at the pictures and I point stuff out to you in the book. I love reading, and I hope you will always have a passion for books.






You are getting really good at "Pat-a-Cake". Grandma started teaching it to you a few months ago, but lately you have gotten really good at doing the hand movements. Sometimes you'll be doing them even when we aren't singing the song. Cutie pie!


You have been drinking milk for several weeks now. Occasionally you still get formula, but not very often. You are still taking a bottle, but you can also drink from a sippy cup. We will probably take your bottle away soon. Right now you usually only get it at nap time and bedtime. You are a great eater! You love all kinds of foods, and so far, you haven't been allergic to anything. Your favorites are: scrambled eggs, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, spaghetti-o's, cheetos, cereal bars, bread, apples, mandarin oranges, strawberries, and bananas.



Jenny loves to take care of you. She helps me out a lot! She loves to carry you around and teach you things. She reads to you a lot, and is so caring with you. Aiden just adores you! He loves to play with you. You like to chase him, and you like when he chases you. He has so many nicknames for you: Soph-a-loaf, Sophie Girl, Sophie Baby, and Soph. They both think you are the best little sister! They are both genuinely happy when you learn new things, and genuinely upset when you are upset. Every time they go to your doctor appointments when you get vaccines, they cry right along with you! I just love watching the bond between the three of you develop and flourish. You have an incredible bond with Jenny and Aiden, and I pray that it always stays that way. I hope that the three of you will grow up to be best friends.



You are just the sweetest little girl, and you are so petite. I just love spending day in and day out with you. I cannot describe what a blessing you are to our family! We all just love you so much, you are every one's little baby.



God has amazing things in store for your little life, Sophia. I pray that you will seek Him, follow Him, and live out all of the big things He has in store for your life, sweet baby. You are a masterpiece, created for your Daddy and me right now, but for the rest of the world later. I love you so much, you will always be my baby girl.

Love always,

Mama and Daddy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails