Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013


I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I never know if it is spelt Valentine's with the apostrophe, or if it's just Valentines. Oh well, you all know what I mean.

Our Valentine's Day was so much fun! Jaime and I always get the kids a little something to recognize the day, and he and I usually have a nice dinner at home after the kids go to bed. This year, Jaime had to work a double shift on Valentine's Day, so it was just the kids and I for most of the day.

A few days before Valentine's Day, I helped Jenny and Aiden with their Valentines for their friends. Jenny chose Fun Dip Valentine cards, and Aiden chose Power Rangers Samurai. Jenny took her's to her friends in her class at school, and Aiden took his to his friend's in his class at Awana. Aiden even wrote his own name on a few of his! After writing his name on the first two, he said his hand was too tired and I had to finish the rest. At least he tried, and I thought his handwriting was very legible for someone who hasn't even started school yet!


 



 


On the morning of Valentine's Day, the kids woke up to a table decked out in Valentine decorations, and a few treats for each of them. We have never done a Valentine's breakfast before, but I have seen other people who do it, and I always thought it would be fun. So, this was our first year doing it, but I think it is going to be our new tradition. We had red pancakes and eggs, and each of the kids received a stuffed animal, chocolate (Sophia got cookies), and a balloon.


 






Keeping with tradition, we made our annual Valentine's cupcakes! This was probably my last year making them with just Jenny and Aiden. Next year Sophia will be almost two, and I'm sure she will want to help!

 
Aiden even made Jaime and I a little Valentine at Awana the night before!
 
 
It's strange how years ago my Valentine's Day was spent out on a date, maybe out to dinner and a movie, and we spent all of our money on gifts for each other. Now, here we are, six years and three kids later, and our Valentine's Days are spent with the kids making memories! Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way! I am thankful for a husband who understands that and who agrees that making memories with our children is more important than any gift he and I could ever buy each other. I am thankful for a husband who makes me feel loved and adored every day, not just Valentine's Day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails