Monday, February 18, 2013

Just Jenny

As I said in one of my previous posts, I am going to try and document each of my kids' lives a little better. Lately my blog has turned into "The Sophia Show". Which is great that I am documenting her milestones and her growth, but I have two other children who also need their lives documented. So, I am hoping to do a post about each child at least once a month. I'm starting with Jenny, since she is the oldest.

Jenny will officially be 7 1/2 on February 30 (if February 30 actually existed). It's a good thing we don't celebrate half birthdays, because I'm not really sure when we would celebrate hers.

Anyway.... She is in the 2nd grade. She is a wonderful student, and almost always does very well! She got all A's and one B on her last report card, and she also got a 100 on her last math test! She just finished addition and subtraction of 2 and 3 digit numbers, and she just started adding and subtracting money. She is also learning about complete sentences, punctuation, and parts of a sentence. She is reading above her grade level. In science she has learned about states of matter, animals, and outer space.

She is currently involved in a program at church called Awana. She is also involved in Girl Scouts. This is her third year. She completed her first two years as a Daisy, and she is almost finished with her first year as a Brownie. I am the co-leader of her troop. We are going on our first camping trip in May, and we are both very excited!!

Jenny is a very sweet, loveable young lady. She is also an AWESOME big sister!! Seriously - she is probably the best big sister I have ever seen. She helps Aiden, as much as he will let her, and she is great with Sophia! She and Sophia already have a very special bond that only sisters can have. I pray that they will always be close and that they will grow up to be best friends.

Out of all three of my children, Jenny is the most loving. She loves attention, and loves to be hugged and loved on. She also likes when I do things like write her a special note in her school agenda or send notes with her snack at school.

Jenny isn't at our house all the time, but she is just as much a part of our family as Aiden and Sophia. We love, love, love having her here at home! We all miss her so much when she is not here - especially Aiden and Sophia.

That is pretty much everything going on in Jenny's life lately. I am looking forward to documenting her life more often!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails