Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Baking a Cake with Aiden

One of my favorite things to do with my kids is to bake. It is something that Jenny and I have been doing together for years, and Aiden helps us most of the time too. We usually just use the baking mixes from a box, but we have baked things from scratch a few times too.

A few weeks ago I purchased some cake mix and had planned on baking it with Jenny and Aiden. Our weeks have been a little crazy lately so we just never found the time to do it. I had kind of forgotten about the cake mix, until last night when Aiden pulled it out of the pantry and asked if we could make it.

Honestly, I had 1000 other things I "needed" to be doing instead of baking a cake. But I just couldn't tell him no! He had been waiting so long to bake it, and he was so excited. So, he and I baked a cake last night! He added all of the ingredients himself, all I did was stir it, put it in the oven, and remove it from the oven.

He did a great job, and enjoyed eating the cake. I even let him have a piece of cake for breakfast this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails