Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! Can you believe 2013 is already here?! I can't even count the number of times I've written 2012 as the date and then had to change it to 2013. Jenny brought home some papers from school today and the dates said 01/03/12. Haha!

Anyway, we are hoping for a good year around here! 2012 was tough, I sure hope 2013 is better. We rang in the New Year with a small sleepover party for the kids. They each invited a friend and we ate snacks, played games, danced, and stayed up to see the ball drop. It was a lot of fun! My kids are still talking about how much fun they had.

I am a little disappointed that the holidays are already over, but I am looking forward to Valentine's Day. I know a lot of people think it is a cheesy holiday and it's a lame excuse for flower and chocolate companies to make some money. I see their point, but I don't see what's wrong with a special day to show someone how much you love them. I always get the kids something for Valentine's Day too, and we make pink cupcakes. I just think it is a lot of fun!

I am also looking forward to an upcoming consignment sale where I will be selling some of the kids' old clothes. This will be my 2nd time selling. It is a great way to make some extra cash! I also love buying stuff at the sale - they usually have some great deals! Plus it's all stuff I would just throw away otherwise. Why not make some extra money?

This post is very random and kind of pointless. I am hoping to make my blog more of an online journal for myself along with a family scrapbook. Jenny told me she wants to start a blog too. She's only seven! I told her I would think about it. Obviously it would be private. I think it might be a good "diary" for her and it could help improve her typing and writing skills. Do any of your kids have their own blogs?

I really need to get going - the kids are in bed and I can hear them talking. Time to go tell them to be quiet. Happy New Year, y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails