Thursday, August 30, 2012

Jenny Is 7 Years Old!!

Dear Jenny,
Wow! 7 years old already! Where has the time gone? You just started the 2nd grade, and we could not be more proud of you!

Jenny, you are so smart! You can read very well for your age, and you are a wonderful writer too. You love to write stories! We have so many notebooks at home that you have filled up with stories and drawings. You also love to make "tests" for me. Math tests, spelling tests, grammar tests, etc. You also like for me to make them for you. I have always known you are very smart, but sometimes you really surprise me!

You have learned how to ride your bike without training wheels!! What an accomplishment! Your Daddy and I have been practicing with you for at least a year off and on, and you have finally mastered it. You used to get so frustrated and discouraged with riding your bike, but now you love it!

Some of my most favorite times with you are: meeting you at the bus stop in the afternoons. I just love to hear all about the daily happenings in your class. Sometimes you come home and tell me that someone was mean to you, which just breaks my heart. Offering you helpful advice has been a challenge at times. It is so easy to tell you to just treat that person the same way they treated you. But that isn't teaching you anything. It is also hard not to just go to the school and talk with your teacher. I don't mind doing that, but I want you to handle some things on your own. It is so hard sometimes to guide you, without leading or pushing you. Another favorite time of mine is our "girl moments". Whether it be a girl's night at home, a girl's trip to the mall or movies, or just dancing in your room with the stereo blaring, I just love our time together!
This is your third year in Girl Scouts, and also my third year leading your troop. You are a Brownie this year! Girl Scouts has been so much fun, and it is something that I hope to continue to do with you until you decide you don't want to do it anymore.

You are a wonderful daughter, stepdaughter, big sister, student, and friend. We love having you in our family and we can't imagine our lives without you!
I hope you have an awesome 7th birthday!!
Love Always, Daddy & Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails