Sunday, August 7, 2011

First Grade

Dear Jenny,

Tomorrow you start your first day of the 1st grade. How did it get here so fast?? It seems like just a few weeks ago that you were starting Pre-K. Now, here you are, two years older, and two years smarter. You have changed so much in the past two years!
We couldn't have asked for you to be any smarter, you amaze us everyday with your intelligence! I love watching you work in the first grade workbooks we bought you. You do them so well, and you hardly need help. I know you will do great in the first grade!!
Your teacher's name is Mrs. Robertson. We took you to meet her a few days ago. You were very shy upon meeting her, but I know that soon you will warm up to her. I'm sure she will adore you just as much as we do.
I know that you are nervous about starting the 1st grade. After we met your teacher you told me that you want to go back to kindergarten and be in the same class again. I wish I could take your nervousness away, but I also know that nothing I say or do will stop that feeling completely. I can only hope that I can help you to feel less nervous.
When I was in school, my parents always told me to do my best. As long as I did my best, it didn't matter what my grades were, they were still proud. So, I'm going to tell you the same thing. In everything you do, do your best. If you always do your best, you will never have to second guess your efforts. You will always know that, no matter what, it was the best you could do.
So, tomorrow when you get on the bus and go to school, know that we are so proud of you! Know that we are so blessed to have you in our lives. Know that we love you more than you can imagine, and know that we are always on your side. Have fun, and good luck!!

Love you forever,
Daddy, Katie, and Aiden
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails