Monday, March 14, 2011

Skate Night

Last Sunday Jenny and I went to the Sparkles Skating Rink for the Girl Scout's 99th Birthday. Jenny has been skating a few times before, but never with me. I'm sure I would have probably already taken her, but since I don't know how to skate - I didn't know how I would go out on the rink and help her. One of the other moms in our Girl Scout troop told me last week that at this skating rink, they let the parents go out on the rink with their regular shoes on.



Jenny and I had a great time! At first she was a little nervous and only wanted to skate on the carpet. After a few minutes of skating around on the carpet, I took her out on the rink. She definitely needs more practice, but she did pretty good! She was holding my hand when we went around the rink the first time, but I told her that I think she does better if she doesn't hold onto me. So the second time we went around she only had to hold onto me for about 10-20 seconds at a time.



A lot of the other kids had purchased glow sticks and glow necklaces, so of course Jenny wanted one too. To motivate her, I told her that if she went around the rink one time without holding onto me, I would buy her a glow stick. She fell a couple times, but kept getting right back up and trying again. When we got back around to where we had started from, she was so excited! Then I told her that we had to go to the other side of the rink because that's where we had to buy the glow sticks. Haha!



She picked out a starfish glow necklace and a pacifier that lit up. After we bought them, we went back to the rink and she met up with one of the girls from our troop, Aliyah. Aliyah and Jenny went out on the rink together for a few minutes. I couldn't believe that Jenny went out on the rink without me! I was very impressed.



It started getting kind of late, and Jenny had school the next morning, so after that we had to leave. But we had a great time and I am so glad we went! We will definitely have to go back soon. Maybe next time we can take Aiden too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails