Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Long Time, No Post

Hey, friends. Can you believe it has been so long since my last blog post?? I know, I know. I'm slacking in the blog department. Honestly, though, there hasn't been much to report. Life has been fairly "slow" lately, so there haven't really been any big photo opporunities or events to write about. We still haven't really done anything blog worthy. But there have been a few things going on that I thought I should blog about. Especially since this is supposed to be an online family scrapbook of sorts.

First of all, Jenny has her very first loose tooth! It is in the front on the bottom row of teeth. It has been loose for close to two weeks, and she is very excited. She has been telling us about her friends who have loose teeth or who have already started loosing their baby teeth. I think she was starting to feel a little left out. Last night after she brushed her teeth I was looking at her tooth, and behind it I can see where her adult tooth has already broke through the gums. Should we be concerned about this? I know it is supposed to come through, but the baby tooth hasn't even fallen out yet. I am thinking of calling her dentist to see if there is something we should do, or maybe I am just overreacting.


Aiden hasn't really had much going on lately. However, little does he know, his whole world is fixing to be turned upside down! Potty training in our house starts this Friday, April 1st. No, it is not an April Fool's joke. This is the real thing. We have been trying to tell him that he will be using the potty soon, and that he won't need diapers anymore. I was going to start back when he turned two in November, but then decided to wait until Spring. Wish me luck, this boy is stubborn!!


Jenny has been asking for a Nintendo Wii for quite some time. She wanted one for Christmas, but by the time she told us she wanted one, all of her gifts had already been bought. She has been saving up her spelling test money each week - she gets $10 every week that she gets 100% on her spelling test. Since she didn't get the Wii for Christmas, she decided she would save up her spelling test money to buy one. As of last week, she was up to $110. She has really been getting frustrated though, because she doesn't quite understand the concept of money and having enough to purchase something. So, as a surpise, and since she has worked so hard this year in school, Jaime and I went out yesterday and bought her the Wii. It came with two games (Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort) and we also bought her a Dora the Explorer game to go with it and an extra controller so that someone can play with her. We set it up and got it all ready to go before she came home from school. So when she walked through the door, it was ready to be played. She was very excited, and I don't think she was expecting that to happen. She gave Jaime and I both a huge hug and told us thank you. So yesterday afternoon, we played the bowling and a few of the other sport games. It was a lot of fun, because all four of us were able to play!

Well, that's really all that has been going on at our house. I hope you are all having a great week, happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Blog.. I found you on the friday hop ;)) Officially following you.. Excited to get to indulge in more of your posts :)) .. Please stop by sometime - I'm Marilyn from http://www.theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com - Happy Friday..

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found you on the blog hop! i'm your newest follower ;)) shari
    http://www.spearmintbaby.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't find the post about the Blog Hop from Friday, so I am leaving my note here....

    BLOG HOPping around - I am now a follower of your blog, wont you also follow me?? ~KM
    Krafty Max Originals

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails