Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Questions

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Although I'm not gonna lie, I am HORRIBLE at wrapping gifts. Jaime is my gift wrapper. I shop and pick out the presents, and he wraps them. It's a team effort! Haha. I also like the way wrapped presents look under the tree. Plus, the kids LOVE tearing all the paper off and making a huge mess with it....and I like to watch their faces light up more and more the closer they get to completely unwrapping each gift. 



2. Real tree or Artificial? I've always had an artificial tree. Even when I was still living with my parents we had an artificial one. In our home now, we have an artificial pre-lit tree. I do want to try a real one though, maybe next year!


3. When do you put up the tree? Usually after Thanksgiving. This year it was up before Thanksgiving because we all have such busy schedules right now.


4. When do you take the tree down? Usually after New Years. Depends on when I get tired of picking up ornaments off the floor that Aiden knocks down.


5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but I can't drink a lot of it at once. That's probably a good thing though since it is so full of calories!



6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my first CD player. I can remember I also got money/gift cards that year, and I was upset on Christmas Day when I couldn't go out to buy more CD's for my new CD player since all the stores were closed.


7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad



8. Easiest person to buy for? Aiden and Jenny. Last year Jenny was easier to buy for than Aiden, but this year it's the opposite. I already knew exactly what I wanted to get Aiden before I even went shopping. With Jenny, I had to ask her for a few ideas of what to tell Santa she wanted. Thankfully though, I am all done buying their gifts!



9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.



10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail Mail.



11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmmm.... honestly I can't think of any. I know at some point I have received something that I really wasn't happy with, but it's supposed to be the thought that counts, right? Yeah right, tell that to my 5 year old. Haha!


12. Favorite Christmas Movie? This is another hard one...I have so many! Let's see, I like Polar Express, The Christmas Story, Frosty the Snowman, Home Alone 1 and 2, and so many others.


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Up until this year I have always waited until about two weeks before Christmas. This year however, I started shopping in October. I tried to buy a little at a time, and it worked out well. I am over half way done with my shopping!!


14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.



15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chocolate covered peaunt butter balls.


16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? I like the classy look of the white lights, but we have colored ones. The kids prefer it, and it's more fun!


17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night or O Holy Night


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. We usually travel the weekend before Christmas to do our big family Christmas in Alabama. Luckily my parents live about 10 minutes away from me, so we don't really have to "travel" on Christmas.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph. Yep, I sure can!


20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? We use a ribbon. I keep saying I'm going to get an Angel, but I still haven't done it.


21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open presents from family on Christmas Eve, and then Santa brings his presents Christmas morning.


22. Favorite children's Christmas song? "I Want a Hippopatumus for Christmas", "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus", "Jingle Bells", and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town".


23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I don't like Scrooges. If you don't like Christmas, fine - but don't ruin it for the people who do. I also don't like this whole thing about saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas". Um...hello?? Do you know WHY we celebrate CHRISTmas? Yep, that's right...it's the day of the birth of Christ. =)


24. Favorite ornament theme or color? We don't go with a theme. I just buy what I like and that's what we use. I also have a lot of ornaments that Jenny has made in school.


25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? Ham.



26. What do you want for Christmas this year? Lets see... a new coffee pot, a nice set of king size bed sheets, and one of those heated mattress pads (king size). Honestly though, I don't care if I don't get a single thing. As much as I like receiving gifts, I'd prefer my kids get the things they ask for before I get what I ask for.


27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? No.



28. Age you discovered who Santa was? I don't remember how old I was. I'm pretty sure I heard it from the kids at school though.


29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? Hot chocolate or apple cider. I like them both!


30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? Love the reds, greens and golds!



31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? We live in an apartment so no.

32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key? Since we live in an apartment and don't have a chimney, we tell the kids that he makes a chimney to come down - like in the movie "Santa Claus". You know, the one with Tim Allen in it.


33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? Gifts, although I like the gift cards that are usually in our family Christmas' Dirty Santa. =)


34. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon? "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" (the cartoon - I don't like the movie).


YOUR TURN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails