Thursday, December 30, 2010

Books Read in 2010

I have seen several other blogs who have posted reviews of the books they read in 2010, so I thought I'd do the same thing. Although, I am a little ashamed to admit that I only read 6 1/2 (I'll explain the 1/2) books this year. I'm hoping I'll do better next year, I have a pretty large list of books I plan to read.

Here are the books I read...



 Honestly, I saw the first Twilight movie when it came out a few years ago. At the time, I had no idea that it was based on a book. Looking back though, that should have been obvious. I liked the movie, and once I found out that it was also a book, I had to read it. I liked the book even better than the movie. Isn't that what always happens? Books are (almost) always better than the movie. I will admit that the books are pretty poorly written, and are not by any means the best literary work. I do, however, like them. I think they are a fun, cheesy, read.




This book was one that I wanted to read because there was a movie coming out about it, and I wanted to read it before I watched the movie. This book was pretty good. It was a little predictable, but I liked it.



This is the 1/2 book I read, meaning that I only read half of it. I don't even know if I finished half. It was so boring. After all the hype made about this book, I was totally disappointed. Of course this is just my opinion, and there are a lot of people I know who really liked this book. I guess memoirs just really aren't my thing. It was the first memoir I've read and it wasn't what I expected. I probably should have finished the whole thing, but I literally felt like I was forcing myself to read it.




I read this book as part of an online book club I did, Book Beginnings and Bookends. I loved this book! This was my favorite book from 2010. I could not put it down! Since it was a book I read as part of a bookclub, we had a reading schedule we were supposed to stick to. I just couldn't do it, I had to know what was going to happen next. I ended up finishing the book several weeks before the book club ended and I was so glad I did! I'm not gonna tell you what it was about because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who might read, but this is definitely a book I would reccomend.

Well, that's it. That's all I read in 2010. I'm going to post my 2011 reading list in a few days. Let me know if you have any suggestions as to what you think I should read. I'm always looking for another good book! Right now I am reading a book called Look Again by Lisa Scottoline. I just started it last night so I don't know enough about it yet to say if it's good or not, but so far I like it and I've heard good things about it. 

Also, I recommend that (if you like to read) you join Goodreads. It is a great way to keep track of the books you've read, books you want to read, and your opinions on the books. It is also a good place to find books you'd like to read based on the reviews of other people. 

I hope you're all having a great week, I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of 2010!!   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails