Thursday, September 9, 2010

1st MOPS Meeting

Yesterday, Aiden and I went to our first MOPS meeting. We have never been before, but it is something that I have always wanted to do with him. Originally I was going to go to the MOPS at North Metro Baptist church, but they were already full. Instead, I'm going to the one at Northview Christian church. Let me just say that I couldn't be happier that North Metro was full and that led me to go to Northview! The ladies there were all so nice and I really had a great time. It was a group of about 30 women, so I'm sure it is smaller than the group at North Metro, and I like that.



On an even better note, Aiden really liked it too! Of course when I first dropped him off he was not too happy. The ladies in the nursery assured me that they wouldn't let him cry too long before they would come get me. Honestly, I kept expecting someone to show up at any minute to let me know that I needed to come get Aiden from class. But, guess what? They didn't! When I got there to pick him up, he was having a good time and didn't look like he missed me at all. I do have to say that he was very happy to see me though, which is always a great feeling for me! I am very proud of how well he did, and I'm hoping and praying he'll do this well every time.

Our theme this year is Momology: The Art and Science of Mothering. I am excited about this theme because there is really so much art and science in mothering and most of the time it goes unnoticed. I have been more creative and artsy since becoming a mother than I ever thought I could have. I have to weigh my options, make a guess, do the research, and then put my plan into action every day. By now, I should really have a degree in this stuff! =)



Our next meeting is again in two weeks and I can't wait! I am thrilled to have this oppertunity to meet other moms, and for Aiden to meet kids his own age. In the summer and during holiday breaks from school they have play groups we can go to and they will have the school kids there as well. So when there isn't school going on, Jenny will be able to join us as well. Overall I feel very blessed to be involved with such a great group. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails