Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Solstice & Swimming Lessons

Happy first day of summer!!

Well, today was the first official day of summer. Although it sure does seem like summer has been here for at least a few weeks now. We've had weather in the mid 90's here the last week or more. Today we didn't do a whole lot, mostly just hung out around the house today. This morning I made waffles for the kids, and they had yogurt to go along with it. I tried to use a real light amount of syrup on them, the less sugar the better in my opinion.


Don't ask about the sunglasses, because I really don't know. Ha!

This afternoon Jenny had her first swimming lesson. She did really well for her first day, and it looks like she'll be one of the better students in the class. She actually surprised me by how well she did. She really enjoyed it, and says she can't wait to go back tomorrow. I'm so proud of her, and so glad that she is enjoying herself. After one day of swimming lessons, she is like a different kid when you give her a bath. Before she didn't like the water in her face AT ALL. But tonight when I gave her a bath, she didn't care about the water being in her face at all. She really surpised me! She was letting me pour the water on her head, and she even let me rinse her hair under the faucet. I can see these swimming lessons already helping her to get over her fear of the water. And the best part is that she is learning about water safety so that she can be safe in the water. It makes me feel a whole lot better knowing that she will have some extra experience in the water and that she will have an idea of how to keep herself safe.


Her instructor's name is Allison.




Kicking her feet and moving her arms!


Aiden snacked on cookies while we watched them swim.




I'm so proud of her! She did such a great job!

After swimming lessons we came home and had dinner. The kids played outside in the backyard while I attempted to mow the grass, but I couldn't get the mower to start. I've never mowed grass before, so I really had no idea what I was doing. Since I couldn't get the mower to start, I worked on laundry instead. The kids played in the bathtub while I folded a load of clothes, and then they got baths. We had a pretty long first day of summer, but we enjoyed ourselves! How was your first day of summer??


Haha! This picture is too funny for me not to post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails